- IMS Fund Services is a division of IMS, which focuses on the provision of directors and trustees to hedge funds and related entities. We have over 150 years of collective experience and expertise in global funds management in Cayman and provide services to some of the largest global fund organizations.
- Our Fiduciary Team members are professionally qualified and are recruited from household names in the financial services industry. IMS is not only independent of the investment manager but also independent of the administrator and all other service providers to the funds to which we provide directors or trustees.
- Our model provides inherent capacity constraints limiting the number of director appointments per team member. We take our role as directors and trustees seriously, thus providing exceptional corporate governance of the highest standard.
- IMS can also provide the following services to fund entities if required: – registered office and company secretary, trustee of management/voting shares, shareholder communications and introductions to approved auditors and attorneys.
Licensed to provide independent directors
All members of IMS’ staff that act as fund directors are registered with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority as ‘Professional Directors’ pursuant to the Directors Registration and Licensing Law of the Cayman Islands.
Why Choose Cayman as a Fund Domicile?
Having spoken with many investors over the years, we have ascertained that there are various factors which make Cayman attractive as a domicile for hedge funds:
- Fast to Market – The speed of bringing a new fund to market is excellent, with the ability to set up a new fund in a few days (subject to fund documentation first being agreed). Local service providers have developed a fast and efficient service, backed up by tried and tested fund documents, which can easily be tailored to an investment manager’s needs.
- Regulation – The Cayman regulatory regime is very well balanced and works well from an investor’s perspective.
- Costs – Relative to other fund jurisdictions, the cost of setting up a fund is fairly inexpensive.
- Laws – Straightforward and easy to understand fund laws and some of the best legal talents in the world.
- Service Providers – One-stop-shop jurisdiction, where all required service providers are available on-island.
- Political stability and tax neutrality.
To find out more about our fund services, and how IMS can assist you, please email us at email@example.com.